View and share your gigapixel photo with ease
GigaPX2Pano PRO converts your gigapixel image into a set of small image files compatible with PanoJS3 viewer. The program can open RAW files (a true rgb uncompressed file, not camera specific) or KRO files (created with Kolor Autopano). Follow the link to view an example with a 0.64 gigapixels image: Bolzano-Bozen (Italy)
PanoJS3 is a free software that shows the small image tiles, seamlessly joined together, in your preferred browser with pan and scroll capabilities. It supports many browsers and works with Windows, Mac, Linux, IPhone, IPad and Android.
Unlike the free version, GigaPX2Pano PRO creates more image files so you can zoom in and out while viewing. In this way you can view every tiny detail of your large photo and check if the stitching process worked perfectly, or zoom out and view the whole image.
GigaPX2Pano PRO offers many interesting improvements compared to the free version:
- - Zoom in and out supported.
- - You can choose the destination directory of your project, and the program automatically copies every needed file into this folder.
- - There's no need to manually edit the index.html file, the program does it for you.
- - You can choose JPG or PNG for output files.
- - Advanced users could find the possibility of changing the size of the tiles useful (only 64, 128, 256, 512 and 1024 pixels supported).
Using the program
The program is quite simple to use. Download the package and unzip it on your local disk. The destination directory is not important, and no install is required. Now just follow these few steps:
- 1. Launch GigaPX2Pano.
- 2. Select the input file (click on the blue folder icon).
- 3. If the input file is KRO skip this step.
If the input file is RAW, you have to specify the width of the image, so the program calculates the height of the photo. Insert the width value, in pixel, in the input box and then click on the yellow check mark.
- 4. Be sure that the output format is JPG or PNG and you are ready to process the file.
- 5. Press the “Split” button.
- 6. When the program has finished, you can press the “View” button, and the browser will be automatically opened showing the image.
If you are satisfied with the results, you can upload the image on a specialized site such as gigapan.org, or you can copy the directory of the project to a pen-drive or a DVD and share your giant photos with friends or customers.
- - If the browser doesn't show the image but only a dark grey area, try to rename the original image using only letters and numbers, don't use the space or any special characters, then restart the whole process.
GigaPX2Pano PRO can be downloaded and tested for free, but the viewed image will contain watermarks. To remove the watermarks you need to buy a license.
Windows version 1.0.0
Only the Windows version is available at moment. Depending on the interest for this program and on the requests I could plan to develop a Linux or Mac version.
You can buy a license using PayPal. In most countries you do not need a PayPal account to purchase through PayPal.
GigaPX2Pano PRO -
The license is valid for all current and future versions of the program and allows you to use GigaPX2Pano PRO on one computer at a time. Multiple installs for use by the same person are fine.
The activation code will be sent within 24-48 hours from the order to the email used with PayPal transaction. If you want to receive the activation code to a different email, please write it in the order’s note.
Registered users will receive lifetime support via email for free.